Friday, January 20, 2012

The Lion King

Hello World-

Last night a few of my friends and I rushed "The Lion King", a traveling Broadway show at the Orpheum. Minneapolis has one of the biggest theatre districts and I'm so thankful that I was able to have one of my childhood dreams come to life on stage. The colorful costumes, the phenomenal dancing, the awesome sets and how true the show was to the movie created a truly breathtaking two and a half hours.

A few highlights:
I loved Timon and Pumba, their voices were exactly like the movie and they added such a light-heart, cartoon feel to really seal the deal.
They excellence of the costumes was incredible! There were giraffes, elephants and every other impossible animal to create. I believed the people were animals and not people.
The Savahannah at night had the most incredible stars! I felt as thought I was actually outside experiencing it for myself.
Last but not least, the classic songs bursting with life and energy-- Circle of Life, Can You Feel the Love tonight and others.


No comments:

Post a Comment