Monday, January 23, 2012

As My Christmas Break Comes Ends

Hello World--

So we all know that Amy was in the lovely Paris (or Chicago) for the majority of Christmas Break, but where was I? Here are a few highlights from my absolutely wonderful Christmas Break.
One day in class, in desperate hopes NOT to fall asleep, I started tracing a mini post-it note. It was a cool geo design and I was attempting to stuff information of some sort into them. Then I thought-- "Ah! My Christmas To-do List!" So here is my as-completed-as-it-gets list. I completed 31/37 things on my list. No too shabby. 

Here are a few moments that I look at and can't help but smile: 
Burgers and Sushi with David- My friend David is a genius at politics and goes to college out East. Unfortunately his parents are moving out east, so I won't get to see him often. On these particular nights we ended up back at David's house with my good friends Riley and Sara playing "Never have I ever", eating the wide array of delicious holiday treats David's mother whipped up and naming Pokemon characters. 

H&H Adventure Day- 
Hayley and I always have the best adventures together and this adventure happened to be to the Walker Art Center. I had never been and it was Free Admission Thursday Night, so we went! We got Wendy's chicken nuggets and hit the road. There we "contemplated modern art", saw an awesome graphic design collect and rocked out to Minnesota music in comfy side nooks.
 

Crafting and making Button Earrings! 

Thrifting- 
I got to spend a girl day with Sara and Nicole and we went thrifting and shopping! Here are a pile of new finds. The bottom is a long, polka dot dress that I am ecstatic to wear this summer in Florida with a fabulous wide black belt and a straw sun hat as I stroll the beaches.

Painting My New Room! 
This fall I wasn't even at college for a day and my brother had swapped my things into his old room. I protested by my mom told me over Christmas Break I could re-do my room. I painted it Tiffany Blue and made curtains. 1. A quick snapshot of my new room! 2. What my room looked like before 3. My inspiration!



 I loved spending time with my family and adorable cousins, Lincoln and Oliver!



Just a few other things I didn't have photos for:
-Spending many hours at the Quernemoen household baking browning and watching movies, just like good times.
-Uptown with my best friend, Kaitlyn. I didn't see her enough over break but loved every minute with her!
-Having a "me" day- including eating lunch at noodles by myself, purchasing a fabulous pair of trousers (as Amy calls them) at Gap, and reading books for hours at Barnes and Noble.
-Judging/helping at speech. I was only in it for one year but I loved seeing the intelligent and classy kids in suits.
-Last but not least, being back in Minnesota and seeing all of my friends again. It was a fabulous break-- hopefully summer will be even better!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment