Sunday, April 1, 2012

And We Lived Happily Ever After

Hello World!

Sorry, it's been quite a while since I have posted but my life has been super busy! I'm back now, for the time being, anyways.

Have you ever dreamed of how your love story is going to be like? Well I would be the luckiest girl in the world if mine even went remotely like this. Enjoy!

Age 18: College. Study hard. Play hard. Drink coffee. Live with a damn hipster (aka Amy). For the record, no hat wearing goes down in our room. But I learn to love her like a sister and the new opportunities college presents.
Age 19: Spain. There I will learn flamenco, salsa, and tango dances. In addition I will forever fall in love with culture of the Spaniards. The freedom, the naps, the oh so hospitable people and the sultry dancing. P.S.- Replace Champagne with a glass of vino!
Age 21: Graduate college (Thank Goodness) and learn to live in the real world. Learn to take chances, cook by myself, make mistakes, but embrace all that life throws at me. Oh, and love to work 12 hours a day.
Mid 20's: Loving my marketing job in a city, loving the dinner parties I host, and loving the traveling I get to do for work.
Late 20's: Running to get my daily coffee I notice, something I thought was dead.
I go thank this kind stranger and then I see a combination of these things.. 
Well maybe he looked more like this. Regardless, he had glasses, brown hair, a suit and a watch. Also a mysterious personality. I kindly smiled, nodded my head, and trotted off to work.
A few weeks later..
A few more weeks later..
We were at a dinner party. It just so happened we had a mutual friend who introduced us.
After a few dates I found out a few things about him..

His watch collection is ALMOST as big as mine. 
 His philosophy on life.
 Musical Blood Runs through his veins.
He's coffee.

It's his dream to own a vacation house in Maine.
And we feel the same way.

As time went on he embraced things about me:

I love pineapple pizza. Oh, and the fact that I eat everything off of it first. Then eat the crust.

I'm tea.
My obscene amounts of clothing. Including over packing.

My use of sarcasm to express things that bug me.

Fresh flowers are a must. 
 My desire to obtain my Pilot's license.


Then we had many adventures together..

He taught me to dance.

I taught him the importance of quirky clothing.
And to run for fun.
We discovered good music.
And good food.

We sailed. 
 And used lots of chapstick. 
One day, it hit me. This was the person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. 

A year later.. 
We got to spend one of the happiest days with our loved family and friends. 
After we tied the knot, a tour of Europe was in order. 
Each and every day passed without inevitable adventures, smiles, and my heart growing bigger each day. 
We adopted a bunny. Or two or three..
Slept under the stars.
And along came a prototype of us. A classy, bouncing boy.
And our Princess.


We loved our babies, who we taught to love other cultures, reading, trying different foods, and the city. 
  I continued to find things each and everyday to love, but the most important was that I loved growing old with my one true love. 

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment